As the Graphic Designer, you will be a part of the core team responsible for shaping the visual aesthetic for a new disruptor brand built for todays woman.
In a hyper-competitive category, we aspire to create breakthrough work that provokes a new way of how women think. Were seeking a designer that can get emotionally invested in building a brand that moves the industry forward, speaking in a real way to todays woman.
We have started to lay the groundwork for what this brand can be & where it can go. Now we seek a talented Graphic Designer who is excited to bring this vision to life with us & build a brand that is both fresh & substantive.
You will be a part of a team that is developing breakthrough brand narratives that help introduce us to the world & create a deep relationship with our consumer, bringing these stories to life through advertising, digital & physical touchpoints.
About the Role
Coming in from the beginning, the Graphic Designer will work alongside the Head of Creative & Communications to establish & reinforce the brands visual language. This role will be a central member of our new creative team, working across a variety of visual assets & content ranging from paid, digital, & social posts, to brand presentations & physical/digital pop up experiences.
The ideal candidate will come into this role with a passion for visual storytelling with exceptional skills in typography, layout design, & visual communication.
What you will accomplish:
- Working within the Creative Team, & partnering cross-functionally, on projects big & small establishing trust along the way
- Immersing yourself in the existing brand style guide & creating expanded medium specific creative guidelines & a broader visual toolkit, ensuring consistent application of the brand internally & externally
- Creating visual concepts & creative solutions for a variety of brand marketing scenarios in collaboration with PR, Social Media, Brand, & Retail teams
- Understanding & implementing a cohesive look & feel across all channels, incl:
- Brand storytelling & social media content
- Performance marketing: DR ads (interactive/static/animated), emails, etc.
- Motion assets including light video editing, gifs, & animations
- Website landing pages, content, & assets
- Print collateral such as shipper materials, direct mail, retail POS, etc.
- Presentations & assets to support the business needs
- Design for offline/experiential brand activations
- Leading design projects from end-to-end from early-stage brainstorming & concept development through to go-live execution
- Translating key consumer insights into compelling visuals for paid & owned channels in an iterative but thoughtful manner
- Driving the planning, execution, & post-production of in-house photoshoots
- Briefing & collaborating with internal & external creative agencies/partners to develop campaigns, video assets, packaging, etc.
This should describe you:
Best in class designer
- You have impeccable taste & a strong aesthetic point of view
- You are technically skilled as a designer, able to flex across both digital & print, with strong strong layout skills & typography work & some experience retouching, art directing, developing motion graphics for paid/social, printed matter, & more
- You have a meticulous eye & obsessive attention to detail
- Have proven experience designing visually compelling assets for brands that will live across a variety of owned & paid channels
- When presenting work to internal & external stakeholders, you should be able to address questions, concerns, & critique in a clear, confident way & be able to pivot quickly based on feedback
- Have a savviness for social media & a proven track record developing strong content & assets for social, with specific experience in Instagram, Tiktok, & YouTube
- Have a deep understanding of ongoing visual & social media trends
Strategic creative thinker
- You think outside the box, developing big creative ideas, that are grounded in the business needs & consumer insights
- Have experience & value engaging with channel owners to learn how to maximize the performance of your work & demonstrating those learnings where & when its applicable
- Thoughtfully & effectively approach creative projects to ensure you are maximizing your time, assets/resources, & creative budget
- You are passionate for developing with a female-first perspective
- Have an interest in womens wellness & the beauty landscape
- You immerse yourself in customer insights & actively develop a strong understanding of who she is
- You approach projects with a is this the best we can do for our customer mindset
- You design with the customers preferences, interest, & aesthetic top of mind
- You maintain a finger on the pulse culturally to inform your work
Self-motivated & collaborative partner
- You are resourceful, take initiative, & comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are able to work under tight deadlines while juggling several projects & adapt to change
- You thrive in a collaborative environment & are able to work with creative & non-creative partners & stakeholders
- Comfortable receiving & providing feedback
- Approach projects, big & small, with equal enthusiasm & passion
Here's who they will work with:
- Reporting to Head of Creative & Communications
- Work within the Creative & Comms Team
- Collaborate with Digital Product & Performance Marketing Teams; as well as Harrys Inc Design & Retail teams
- 20% Digital campaign / DR ads / email / motion & video / etc.
- 20% Social assets & content for Instagram / TikTok / YouTube, etc.
- 15% Concepting ideating for campaigns / launches / specialty needs, etc.
- 15% Art Direction & Photography briefing / shooting internal assets / light retouching (as needed), etc.
- 15% Print print collateral / direct mail / specialty packaging / offline, etc.
- 15% Retail in-store marketing materials / presentations / line sheets, etc.
- 4+ years industry experience in a Graphic Design role; DTC eCommerce experience is a plus
- Current portfolio of self-created work showcasing strong technical design skills with an emphasis on strong layout design & typographic skills for creative marketing campaigns & assets
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator); After Effects for light motion graphics, strongly preferred. Figma is a plus
- Some illustration and/or animation skills
- Some experience with Art Direction for photography/video
- Understanding of image manipulation & photo editing.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.