Were seeking people who are learner-focused, outcomes-driven & share our passion for transforming education.
edX is the trusted platform for education & learning, home to more than 22 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world & industry-leading companies. As a global nonprofit, edX is transforming traditional education, removing the barriers of cost, location & access. Supporting learners at every stage, whether entering the job market, changing fields, seeking a promotion or exploring new interests, edX delivers courses for curious minds on topics ranging from data & computer science to leadership & communications. edX is where you go to learn.
Our educational content portfolio features hundreds of programs & thousands of courses from the worlds leading universities & organizations. As Head of Content Strategy, you will be responsible for defining our content offering, a critical component of edXs strategy & ongoing success. You will lead a growing team of Category Managers who specialize in core subject areas our learners are seeking.
You will report to the Vice President of Services & be a senior member of the groups management team. This role also requires close collaboration & leadership with other key groups at edX including marketing, partner management, & product.
The Head of Content Strategy will:
- Define & execute edXs content strategy that aligns with our overall company & product strategies.
- Grow our capability to identify & acquire the best courses, credentials, degrees & other types of content to meet our learners needs worldwide.
- Grow our research capability & align content (existing or gaps) with the job market to help learners achieve their career outcomes.
- Build strong working relationships with edX partner managers & content providers to ensure successful content acquisition.
- Identify educational, business & labor trends & lead the necessary research, acquisition & experimentation to understand opportunity & impact.
- Build, lead, develop & manage a team focused on content strategy & acquisition.
- Represent & advance edXs goals at key public engagements, conferences, industry events & edX partner event, representing the company as an industry leader.
- 7-10 years of experience in professional or continuing higher education or consulting focused on delivering best-in-class digital experiences to consumer markets.
- A track record of success in business development, personally & leading teams that reliably meet goals.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience collaborating & navigating in a matrixed organization.
- Experience coaching direct reports & others, aligning teams to goals, setting a strategic vision & creating an engaging, positive work environment.
- Ability to thrive & succeed in a fast-paced & ever-evolving environment.
- Experience hiring & developing top talent & designing diverse, inclusive, effective & results-driven teams.
- Position requires 30% - 50% travel.
- Strong working relationships with content providers. Develop & maintain good relationships with content partners & the industry at large, representing the company as an industry leader.
edX is an MIT & Harvard funded start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks & meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of re-inventing education?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.