Sales Development Representative
Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
What Youll Do:
- Learn & execute processes to generate & nurture new sales opportunities for our Workplace sales team
- Map prospective accounts around organizations structure, people, & existing known real estate needs
- Manage & maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Create & deliver qualified leads to Account Managers & Directors
- Initiate conversations with potential clients via phone & email outreach
- Capture accurate & complete information in Salesforce.com
- Engage & strategize with Account Managers & Account Director on targeted prospect accounts
- Be an active member of the team by sharing learnings
- Research organizations & individuals online to identify new leads & potential new markets
- Work closely with Account Executives to develop targeted lists, call strategies, & messaging to drive opportunities for new business
Sales Development Representative reports directly to the VP of Growth Marketing.
What We Look For:
- 2 3 minimum years of experience in a sales role required
- Real estate or work place experience a plus
Convene (www.convene.com) designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Chicago & plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 LinkedIn Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits You Can Expect As A Convene Employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.