Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage & fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, & real-time coordination with doctors & insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicines true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, & are on track to achieve $300M ARR by the end of 2019. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next 'Unicorns'".
As a Lead Pharmacy Technician at Alto Pharmacy, you are passionate about our mission & have the desire to shape the future of pharmacy. You thrive in ambiguity & see this opportunity to help guide our incredible pharmacy team as we take care of our patients every day. You are energized by the idea of both leading a team of technicians in filling our patients medications quickly & accurately, as well as identifying new ways of operating that will ensure our long term success.
You are an inspiring & organized manager that truly values the impact Altos work makes on our patients. You always put the patient first. You are scrappy & resourceful, & view mistakes as an opportunity to go above & beyond.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Regularly monitor & evaluate the performance of the technician team. Provide recognition and/or learning or coaching opportunities, & take corrective action, if necessary
- Regularly debrief with the Pharmacist in Charge on performance issues & initiatives
- Aid human resources department in the recruitment process by interviewing potential hires & outlining clear job expectations
- Conduct annual staff performance reviews
- Review & approve employee time sheets
- Manage time off requests
- Initiate onboarding or offboarding processes & coordinate all training
- Report on operational performance KPIs to the Pharmacist in Charge
- As necessary, adjust daily or weekly shifts & task assignments to ensure adequate operational performance (in the event of unexpected absences, tardiness, meetings and/or based on incoming workload volume)
- Monitor team members & queues throughout operating hours, ensure all duties & tasks are being performed efficiently & effectively, shifting resources as needed
- Support front lines (work in the queues yourself to fill key gaps, help unblock the most challenging issues)
- Answer questions from personnel, resolve escalated patient/provider issues, & approve exceptions to plans as appropriate
- Assist with process improvement by identifying operational issues, suggesting potential solutions, supporting implementation
- Complete operational projects aimed at either defining best practices or testing new procedures within the team.
- Provide basic triage & troubleshooting support
- Participate in discussions pertaining to department goals, progress, & any issues in need of resolution.
- Perpetuate company philosophy & culture
- Foster a spirit of teamwork & unity among department members
- Take on other tasks or projects to support employees, other managers, & pharmacy operations as necessary
- Knowledge of the functions, operation, & mission of the pharmacy team
- Coaching & leadership skills, ability to motivate employees
- Conflict management/resolution
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Interpersonal communication skills, both verbal & written
- Ability to make decisions quickly & confidently based on company policies & practices
- Stress tolerance
- Data entry/reporting
- Currently licensed & in good standing by the California Board of Pharmacy
- 3+ years of working experience in a high demand pharmacy setting
- Strong positive attitude, good work ethic, & empathy for our patients
- Extremely organized, analytical, adept at prioritizing, & detail oriented
- Scrappy & resourceful: you are excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
- Comfortable working with incomplete information & willing to build structure in the team instead of depend on it
- Enthusiastic about providing an outstanding patient experience, & excels at providing service to patients via phone, text, & email
- Interested in diving into everything that makes a pharmacy tick, from inventory to patient education
- Ability to build & scale efficient operations
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.