Pelotons nascent Learning + Development team builds global programs to empower team members to become their best & deliver their best work. We are seeking a Senior Director, Executive Development to create & lead the development initiatives for our VP+ population & Sr. Director Bench Talent.
The ideal candidate brings strong skills in assessment, program design, program development & partner resourcing & is driven to design a world class development initiative that is brand defining. Reporting to the Vice President of Executive Development & Peloton University, this individual will work internally with teams across the Peloton to build, curate, & support development, explore new development methods, & build multifaceted approaches and solutions to serve our global leaders. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have 10+ years & deep experience in the development & leadership of executive learning programs in a high-growth, global company, & have a demonstrated track record of staying on the forefront of innovative development practices.
Because this is a new role at Peloton, the Senior Director will lead the effort to shift away from siloed development initiatives in favor of building a cohesive, holistic, scalable development program that accounts for key senior roles across the company. This role will also be responsible for strategically building this team & leveraging partnerships across the broader L&D team to build strategy & content. Responsibilities include:
- Develop & lead executive development initiatives that align with business goals, talent strategies, & stakeholder expectations
- Serve as a Peloton culture ambassador, leading with our core values & ensuring that our core values are embedded in all development programs
- Work to ensure that all programs are equitably available to a diverse team of global executives & embed equity & belonging in every way
- Work collaboratively with Executive Coaches, L&D, & Talent Management & foster an environment of continuous learning to encourage career growth & succession readiness
- Lead & manage the design, development & delivery of technical & soft skill development programs & services
- Conduct comprehensive needs analyses on a continuous basis, recognize emerging patterns, & provide recommendations to address gaps and/or potential opportunities
- Partner closely with the People Business Partner team & out Senior People team to monitor the pulse of organizational needs & development opportunities across global markets & diverse functions
- Measure & articulate effectiveness & impact based on strategic alignment, overall organizational health & key performance indicators, including engagement data
- Research & implement best practices in development philosophies, theories, tools, & approaches
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define appropriate scope & focus for initiatives with key partners & stakeholders, including but not limited to:
- People Team (HR), including People Experience, Diversity + Inclusion, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, & Business Leaders across the Company
- Identify business needs relative to people development, & continue to grow & evolve the team to meet those needs
- Foster a cross-functional team environment that reflects Pelotons learning philosophy, encouraging continued growth & development
- Defines budget requirements to meet training objectives; tracks training costs for the company
- 10+ years leading executive development, preferably in a high-growth environment & with deep experience in developing & driving strategy across a global organization
- Expertise designing & implementing a variety of development programs
- 10+ years experience managing large-scale programs focused on development & human capital or people programs
- 10+ years driving the strategy behind development design, including creating engaging & interactive development efforts at the Sr. Director + level
- Ability to analyze information from a variety of sources to form sound strategy & roadmap for development
- Experience managing & leading team
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.