Squarespace Corporate Development is looking for a Senior Manager to join our growing team. You will be visible in the organization & involve frequent interaction with the leadership team & all other Squarespace staff levels. You will partner cross-functionally to build the inorganic growth strategy for Squarespace's, high-growth business.
The Senior Corporate Development Manager will be involved in the deal process, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, valuation, due diligence & closing & integration activities. You are action-oriented & comfortable driving outcomes across all partners.
You will report to the Vice President of Strategy & Corporate Development & be based in our New York office.
You'll Get To
- Drive & support the development, analysis & execution of M&A transactions
- Analyze industries, businesses, & new opportunities through strategic, financial & feasibility frameworks, applying sound business judgment & contributing M&A expertise
- Work with diligence teams & leaders, including product, marketing, finance, legal, people, & others, to guide projects forward by synthesizing feedback, & developing agreement.
- Apply rigorous quantitative analyses to acquisitions & other strategic plans, including building financial models & applying valuation methodologies
- Research & diligence relevant industries to identify important trends, segmentation, value propositions, business models, & competitive dynamics.
- Source potential acquisition targets through proactive engagement & outreach to build a pipeline of opportunities
- Seek ways to improve processes to build the corporate development practice
- Develop decision matrices & frameworks to analyze complex problems
Who We're Looking For
- 7+ years total experience through a combination of investment banking, M&A, private equity, & corporate development
- 3+ years of in-house corporate development experience with direct buyside deal experience
- Worked with technology companies (consumer internet a plus) & SaaS business models with a deep understanding of essential software / SaaS business KPIs (e.g., ARR, billings/bookings to revenue conversion, ARPU, LTV/CAC).
- Ability to because a trusted advisor with company partners & with external CEOs/Founders, management teams & investors
- The ability to articulate complex problems & provide solutions & recommendations
- Expert analytical & financial modeling skills
- Expert in Excel (can perform complex functions) & presentation applications (i.e. Google Slides, PowerPoint)
- Team player with excellent judgment who can identify & anticipate needs
- Attention to detail
- Passion for learning about new technologies, products, & businesses
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $178,500 - $287,500 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, & location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate & consistent during the hiring process.