About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a strategic business leader to drive growth & retention for the circular platform of the future. You should be a self-starter with immense curiosity & strong analytical skills as well as an interest and/or background in e-commerce & direct-to-consumer businesses. This is a highly visible role within the organization, & requires equal parts IQ & EQ.
As the Head of Revenue Strategy, you will be responsible for formulating & achieving RTRs topline targets. You will set north star business goals & guide the business strategy to achieve them. You will directly manage the performance marketing & revenue teams, & partner closely with the Finance, Data Science, Brand Marketing, Product, Operations & Customer Service teams to deliver value to the business. You report directly to the President & COO, & will be one of the key decision makers that sets out company roadmap & goals.
What Youll Do:
- Own revenue for all areas of the business: subscription, event-rentals & resale. Track & analyze all key metrics including acquisition, subscriber count, retention rates & revenue. Partner with cross functional teams to enact strategies, both short & long term, to achieve budget.
- Own product pricing & promotions, ensuring we are meeting acquisition & margin targets.
- Develop strategies to drive long term growth by growing TAM, revenue/user & profitability that are in line with the overall company vision.
- Manage performance marketing & email marketing teams to drive towards revenue goals. Ensure we are creating a scalable funnel of new customers into the business that drives marketing ROI
- Partner with FP&A to create our annual budget. Build the bottoms-up plan to achieve growth & retention targets, ensuring that our business, marketing & product strategy are aligned with our financial goals.
- Be the key business stakeholder with the consumer product & tech team, providing business goals to guide the prioritization of the roadmap.
- Partner with the operations team to improve the delivery experience for subscribers. Develop an understanding of the Operations & partner closely with the team on the implementation.
- Partner with the CX team to best leverage & inform their resources to drive loyalty, providing business guidelines for customer policies based on rigorous a/b testing.
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- 10 + years experience with strong preference for background in consulting, investment banking/private equity or corporate strategy
- Excellent analytical skills, comfortable doing excel modeling
- Experience in consumer facing businesses and/or retail experience (planning, buying, strategy), consumer products, startup experience is a plus
- Strong leadership skills & proven ability to manage high-performing teams that are cross-functional in nature
- Not afraid to challenge status-quo & champion new ideas & creative approaches to solving business problems
- Possess an entrepreneurial & founder mindset, ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change & to be flexible/resilient
- Ability to thrive & be resourceful in a fast-paced environment