Our e-commerce engineering team builds software to support our partners throughout the business, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, & studio. Our team is looking for motivated engineers who are excited about developing beautiful, interactive websites using the latest frontend web technologies. You will work on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with Product & Design to deliver elegant, intuitive, accessible, responsive, & user-friendly interfaces as we continue to grow our platform & international presence. This is a great opportunity for you to develop, test, build, ship & monitor flexible e-commerce solutions, integrated with our platform & third-party partners, to showcase & sell our physical & digital products.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Write understandable, well tested code with an eye towards maintainability & scalability.
- Build reusable code & libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, & task breakdown.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, promoting simplicity & working software.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Promote constant refactoring, pair programming, iterative development, & other industry best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, & monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process.
- Work closely with our U.S. engineering team to establish standards across teams, & advocate for first-class internationalized solutions.
- Collaborate & partner with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, & Project becoming a domain expert in acquisition & e-commerce at Peloton.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Some professional software development experience
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, & always willing to learn new things.
- A love for clean, elegant code.
- Proficiency in at least one UI framework like React (preferred), Vue, or similar
- Eager to learn industry best practices & web standards
- Understanding of Agile, Lean, & DevOps principles.
- Understanding of testing & CI/CD.
- Interest in learning functional programming design principles.
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, & can adapt to change.
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail & dedication to quality.
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch & learns, & geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Experience working within e-commerce & third-party payment gateways.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience with backend technologies.
- Attend meetups, conferences, & participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.