Away is seeking a Store Planning & Construction Project Manager to join our Global Real Estate team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have had experience in retail store design development & construction. You will work closely with the Global Real Estate, VM, Construction, IT, Finance, & Retail Operations team. You will report to the VP of Global Real Estate & this position will be based in our HQ in Soho, NY.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Manage assigned new & renovations of retail store construction projects, including short term activations & pop ups.
- Prepare store lay-outs , preliminary budgets, schedules & develop schematic design drawings based on Aways Brand Style Guide ready for hand-off to Architect.
- Develop drawings as necessary to communicate design intent to internal teams, outside vendors & consultants. Partner with VM Designer to ensure proper VM layout.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including Retail Operations & Experiential to ensure spaces are designed to fit each stores operational & programming needs, equipping each store with what they need to provide a distinctly Away retail experience.
- Review Architects construction documents to ensure consistency of brand & completeness of drawings meeting all local codes, as well as all vendor proposals, layouts & related shop drawings.
- Coordination of all consultants & preferred vendors involved with a project.
- Manage capital spending of the project to ensure project stays on budget & schedule.
- Prepare bid lists & packages for General Contractors, manage RFIs & shop drawings approvals, level & negotiate bids, & award contracts.
- Visit construction sites & prepare reports (from layout to punch list completion & turnover) to ensure quality of building construction & millwork installation. Identify outstanding issues & ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Able to trouble-shoot & be proactive to solve issues that arise.
- Responsible for cost tracking of project, including review & approval of all project related invoices.
- Responsible for proper project closeout.
Who You Are:
- 4-5 years of experience in retail design & construction project management, including several years working directly for a retailer.
- Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Construction or related field.
- Proficient in AutoCAD (required); 3D program & rendering skills a plus!
- Experience with creating & managing budgets & timelines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Collaborate with strong problem solving & creative thinking skills
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills.
- Positive with a high level of accountability & elevated taste level
- Detail-oriented & organized
- Always willing to roll your sleeves up to get the job done
- Eager to take on new & varied responsibilities at a rapidly growing consumer brand
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
- Willing to travel 25%-50% during store openings & build outs.
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!