The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
The RealReal is looking for motivated, self-driven, independent, entrepreneurial individuals who have a passion for luxury product & working with a discriminating clientele. The Luxury Sales Associate will focus on being out in the field to identify new business, build on existing accounts & bring in new luxury product for the countrys largest authenticated online luxury consignment marketplace.
This part-time position is based in Louisville, KY & will report to the National Director of Luxury Sales Associates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This commission-only, part-time position is responsible to generate consignments by leveraging your existing connections as well as personal & professional contacts
- These contacts can include but are not limited to stylists, personal shoppers, boutique owners, sales associates, & friends & acquaintances
- Achieve a monthly revenue goal, develop & implement marketing strategies to identify new & repeat consignments with The RealReal
- Meet with consignors in their home to set price expectations, take possession of the merchandise they have identified & also try to identify additional items they would be willing to consign
- Record consignment via utilization of our internal tools, then process & ship to the designated RealReal warehouse(s)
- Utilize your training & knowledge of luxury merchandise to carefully review with the consignor, ensure all items are up to TRR quality standards & on the current Designer List & process all items for shipment
- A strong network of professional or personal contacts who can provide a recurring source of consignments
- Deep knowledge of & a passion for luxury brands for multiple categories; womens, mens, fine jewelry, watches, home, & art
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, & the ability to establish trust is critical where this position requires the person to work directly with very discriminating clientele
- A strong sales ability & an entrepreneurial spirit with great attention to detail & customer service. Previous experience in outside sales, luxury retail, styling, or public relations is desired but not essential
- Active in community & charitable organizations is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of meeting & exceeding monthly goals
- Ability to master multiple technical devices & systems