Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
- Provide support to the Creative Directors as well as Director of Creative Operations on team organization, team assignments, special projects, & administrative tasks
- Be highly organized with strong time-management & project management skills
- Manage multiple projects & requests, often within tight deadlines
- Track & route incoming projects, create & maintain production schedules, facilitate internal communication, & ensure proper process is followed throughout the project lifecycle
- Work with the accounting & legal teams to facilitate new vendor setups, invoice processing & tracking, & contracts & SOWs
- Use teams project management software to organize day-to-day tasks of multiple animators & designers
- QC all assets before delivery to ensure they are adhering to the project brief & following brand guidelines
- Support the management of photo production schedules, deliverables, & timelines for photo selects & edits
- Help coordinate all location scouting, travel arrangements, permits & other production logistics for photoshoots
- Assure all creative assets are organized & accessible across teams
- Be a strong team-player & tackle new & ever-changing challenges with a positive, balanced attitude
- Maintain exceptional situational awareness of key project dates & deliverables, incoming projects, & potential scheduling conflicts
- Maintain a birds-eye view of the health & balance of the team, communicating regularly with senior staff to proactively address any issues that may emerge
- Contribute to an inclusive & supportive team culture
- Help identify emerging & established freelance talent when needed
- Communicates Effectively
- Strategic Mindset
- Action Oriented
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Manages Conflict
- Organizational Savvy
- 23 years of project coordinating/management experience at a design firm, agency, publication, post house, or media company
- Advanced knowledge of design, video, or media operations including workflows & processes
- Experience working with designers & an understanding of the creative process is a must
- Ability to organize information & concisely present issues, recommendations, & conclusions
- Ability to manage time & resources for multiple projects at one time
- A natural ability to collaborate with others & thrive under pressure
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Polished interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with many styles of executives, producers, program managers, & subject matter experts
- Ability to work methodically to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.