Group Nine Media is looking for an Account Strategist to work in tandem with a Brand Partner to strategically develop new business & subsequently oversee execution in post-sale. The Account Strategist is ultimately responsible for orchestrating internal resources to ensure campaign expectations & contractual obligations are met, as well as acting as the client advocate within the editorial, product, production & business operations teams. From building the media plan through campaign delivery & wrap, this role will be the main client point of contact for advertising initiatives, including media elements, custom branded elements, & sponsored editorial.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional client-facing skills, have a thorough understanding of digital media, & be able to lead large-scale campaigns from start to finish while acting as a representative of G9. You will have a knack for communicating efficiently & effectively under pressure to our clients & internal G9 teams, while ensuring the expectations of both are met.
This position will report into a Senior Account Strategist.
- Create media plans & help shepherd deals from pre-sale to close
- Lead conversations with legal regarding terms & usage rights for all campaigns
- Provide best-in-class white glove client service to advertisers through great communication & properly setting expectations
- Be the expert on all aspects of a campaign serving as the main point of contact for clients, sales & internal execution teams
- Ensure client integration elements are clearly communicated to the client & creative team, & ultimately delivered as promised
- Oversee production & delivery from all teams to ensure all elements of a campaign are running smoothly
- Digest & articulately relay feedback & expectations to client & internal G9 teams
- Proactively troubleshoot internal & external campaign concerns & seek out solutions that cater to both the client & the G9s best interests
- Confidently forecast the launch of a campaign & communicate any risk to revenue to internal teams
- Partner closely with Project Manager on internal operations to gain internal approvals & develop timelines
- Partner closely with Business Operations team to monitor media implementation, pacing, & performance to ensure we deliver the campaign in-full
- Present campaign performance reports including delivery, optimizations, insights, & program recommendations including mid-campaign & wrap reports
- Minimum 2 years working with a digital media company or digital agency in a client-facing role
- Strategic thinker & solution-oriented attitude
- Exceptional communication & writing skills
- Public speaking skills & ability to lead a room
- A background working with & leading communication with internal teams
- Enjoy & thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with the ability to maintain composure under pressure
- A passion for the G9 brands & desire to help grow our business
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.