Are you passionate about automated software releases? Do you take pride in boosting engineering productivity & efficiency? We are looking for a Release Operations Engineer to join our Engineering Infrastructure team.
What is Appian? Its a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
Become a critical part of daily engineering execution. Own the activities required to orchestrate & continually ship Appian software. Provide support for administration & extension of release management infrastructure including Appian, JIRA, & eazyBI. Coordinate with organizations outside of Engineering involved in releases, including Customer Support, Cloud Operations & external translation partner. Orchestrate external web & mobile releases, weekly internal releases, hotfixes, & translations. First learn & execute these operations, then help drive their automation.
- Continually identify & address areas of improvement for release operations activities to reduce manual cost, time, & potential for human error
- Plans & participate in automation of operational activities
- Develops, extends, & maintains Engineering JIRA workflows as well as JIRA reports using native abilities & eazyBI reporting plugin
- Remains aware of JIRA plugin ecosystem to ensure Engineering is taking advantage of those that can provide the best value
- Own & coordinate internal releases between Cloud & Engineering & release of weekly product hotfixes with Solution Engineering & Product Engineering teams
- Coordinate ongoing translation exports & imports with translation partner
- Manage coordination of quarterly GA releases
- During early access/beta period, ensure multi-source problems reports are consolidated & reported to QE
Preferred Experience Level: Experienced position - sufficient JIRA knowledge almost always comes from professional experience.
Education: B.S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline. Formal JIRA training a plus.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.