Want to work with driven & knowledgeable engineers using the latest technology in a friendly, open, & collaborative environment? Expand your knowledge at various levels of a modern, big-data driven, micro service stack, with plenty of room for career growth?
At Unified, we empower autonomous teams of engineers to discover creative solutions for real-world problems in the marketing & technology sectors. We take great pride in building quality software that brings joy & priceless business insight to our endusers.
We're looking for a talented Support Engineer to bolster our ranks! Could that be you?
What you'll do:
You will work closely with the front-line support team to diagnose & resolve issues, assisted by a seasoned staff of application engineers, to help fix & resolve any issues found in the system. You'll be trained in engineering methodologies & principles across a broad variety of languages & tools. As part of the Engineering Operations team, you'll gain experience working on numerous internal software projects. You will also work with Developer Operations to update & further automate our infrastructure.
- Gain valuable technology experience at a rapidly growing big data company
- Triage, troubleshoot, & seek clarification on reported issues
- Clearly communicate status of open support issues
- Help document processes critical to operation of the support team
- Help resolve support incidents reported by customers to satisfy our Service Level Agreement
- Write code to address issues & deliver brand new platform features
- Participate regularly in code reviews with your peers
- Test your creativity at Unified hack-a-thons
Who you are:
You're a software engineer who is eager to get more experience with enterprise-level software development. You're someone who is constantly learning & honing your software engineering skillset. You love to learn about large systems & make them better by fixing deficiencies & finding inefficient designs. You have a friendly demeanor & are always willing to help others accomplish their goals. You have strong communication skills which enable you to describe hard technical issues to non-technical support staff.
- Backend development experience with Python, Golang, or Java
- Relational databases, e.g. Amazon RDS, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Strong personal commitment to quality & customer service
- A cooperative, understanding, open, & friendly demeanor
- Excellent communication skills, with a willingness to ask questions
- Able to multitask in a dynamic, early-stage environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A drive to make cool stuff & seek continual self-improvement
Nice to have:
- Ticketing systems, e.g. JIRA
- Experience in the social media or social marketing space
- Working with agile methodologies
- Unit testing
- REST API endpoint development
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Git & Github, including Github Pull-Request workflows
- Running shell commands (OS X or Linux terminal)
Above & beyond:
- Experience supporting a complex enterprise SaaS software platform
- Microservice architecture design principles
- Amazon Web Services
- React & supporting ecosystem tech, e.g. Redux, React Router, GraphQL
- CI/CD systems, e.g. Jenkins
- Graph databases, e.g. Neo4J
- Columnar data stores, e.g. Amazon Redshift, BigQuery
- Social networks APIs, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Data pipeline & streaming tech, e.g. Apache Kafka, Apache Spark
Unified is a leading provider of social advertising services & solutions powered by data & technology. Our proprietary technology is designed to change the business of social by helping brands achieve unprecedented social marketing results. Unified provides expert Managed & Professional Services super-charged by innovative operations & insights platforms, as well as cutting-edge Data Management & Audience Insights solutions. With a range of offerings, we are able to create custom solutions for our clients, tailored to their needs & goals. Headquartered in New York City & with offices in Los Angeles & Atlanta, Unified has managed over $5B in social advertising data for the world's largest brands & agencies & run more than $1B in social advertising campaigns.
For the last four years, Unified has been recognized by AdAge & Crain's as one of the Best Places To Work. For more information, visit www.Unified.com or follow @Unified on Twitter. Unified is an equal opportunity employer.