THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The Blue Apron Procurement Team diligently & passionately identifies, evaluates, & procures the highest quality ingredients & packaging materials included in our recipes in order to provide our customers with an amazing cooking experience, & ultimately, a delicious meal. The ongoing development of strong partnerships with our teammates & suppliers is our core recipe for success, as we constantly seek out new, innovative solutions that will allow us to offer our customers more value in every Blue Apron meal kit they receive.
WHATS ON THE MENU:
The Buyer Grocery will manage the procurement process for all grocery ingredients included in Blue Aprons pantry, with the goal of providing our customers with the highest quality ingredients, while also supporting Blue Aprons Linden Operations Team by ensuring continuity of supply for these key ingredients. This position reports to one of the Grocery Category Managers, & is located in our Fulfillment Center in Linden, NJ.
- Purchase & maintain optimal levels of inventory for all grocery items to ensure all customer orders are delivered on-time & in-full.
- Manage supplier relationships as necessary.
- Manage purchase of items with varying lead times & shelf lives, including select FOB deliveries.
- Manage inventory levels & coverage of items with varying shelf lives.
- Minimize inventory overages by utilizing assumed yields, demand planning forecasts & other data.
- Partner with suppliers to resolve issues related to invoicing, product quality, & delivery coordination.
- Coordinate returns & replacements for non-conforming / rejected inbound shipments.
- Negotiate fill-in order pricing & hold suppliers accountable to delivery standard metrics.
- Partner with Fulfillment Operations teams to ensure orders are received in compliance with all specifications, policies & procedures:
- In coordination with the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Team, ensure all incoming deliveries meet or exceed Blue Aprons quality specifications.
- Ensure data included in Blue Aprons Purchase Order & Costing systems are up-to-date & accurate, through execution of periodic audits.
- Manage the timely receipt of refunds/credits due from suppliers, for any shipments that did not comply with the specifications included in each shipments respective PO.
- Complete weekly costing for all grocery items in Linden, NJ.
- Troubleshoot delays or interruptions in supply fulfillment by providing alternative options & solutions to support the needs of the business, while still meeting or exceeding Blue Aprons high-quality standards & food cost goals.
- Complete special projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Finance or business-related discipline OR
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Procurement / Planning / Supply Chain Management experience
- Strong working knowledge of the food service industry
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with several cross-functional teams, colleagues & suppliers
- Strong organizational & project management skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple functions & projects simultaneously & high pressure environment
- High level of business & financial acumen, with proven negotiation skills
- Ability to self-motivate & problem solve in a fast-paced setting with hard deadlines
- Proficiency with Slack, Hangouts, Sheets, Docs, Slides, Excel, PowerPoint, & Word
- Willingness & ability to work off-hours as needed, including weekends & occasional holidays
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.