Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
As Corporate Paralegal, you will have the opportunity to meaningfully impact Rent the Runway & its Legal team, primarily by assisting with public company filings & processes, & managing administrative aspects of the Legal team to ensure its operational effectiveness.
You will report to the General Counsel/Corporate Secretary & collaborate with the other members of the Legal team. You will work from Rent the Runways Brooklyn headquarters at least two days per week (Tuesdays & Wednesdays), & will have the option to work remotely during the remainder of the week. We will consider alternative work arrangements, including fully remote work, on a case-by-case basis.
What You'll Do:
- Assist with public company filings & compliance, including Section 16 filings, periodic reports, & the proxy statement. You will also support RTRs insider trading program.
- Manage corporate secretary recordkeeping, including form documents, Board minutes & materials, attendance records, & documentation related to Directors & Officers.
- Provide governance support & recordkeeping for RTRs subsidiary in Galway, Ireland, including facilitating annual board meetings & filings.
- Support the Legal team with information requests as needed (e.g., due diligence, audits, litigation responses, vendor screening).
- Administer Legal team tools, including DocuSign & Concord (contract management system).
- Manage the Legal budget & tracking, as well as relationships with outside counsel, including contact list & Outside Counsel Guidelines.
- Should you be interested, there is potential room for growth in this role, e.g., evolving legal processes & the teams suite of technology resources.
- 5+ years of relevant in-house or law firm experience.
- Experience preparing Section 16 filings, proxy statement filings, & managing corporate secretary/board records.
- Excellent organizational skills, with keen attention to detail, thoroughness, & accuracy.
- Strong ability in Excel & Google Docs.
- Experience with Workiva & Shareworks is a plus.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment, & to prioritize & manage multiple critical projects under tight deadlines.
- Unquestioned integrity & an ability to work on sensitive & confidential matters.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $78,400 to $98,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.