At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft needs experienced engineers from a scope of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich & creative features that set the standard for the ride sharing industry. We improve & incorporate technologies that make the lives of our community more enriched. We are looking for an expert software engineer to join the Marketplace team. The Marketplace team at Lyft is responsible for the platform that powers the ride experience & we are looking for engineers with a passion for building platforms that empower product teams to iterate fast. You'll collaborate with engineering, product, data science, analytics, & operations on programs that empower us to iterate quickly, delighting our passengers & drivers.
- Help establish roadmap & architecture based on technology & our needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality & distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, & promoting appropriate tech & engineering best practices
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Unblock, support & communicate with internal partners to achieve results
- 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience in distributed systems
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Write clear, scalable & clear design documentation
- Design, build & improve a set of team owned components
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.