As our Accounts Payable Coordinator, youll support the Accounts Payable teams daily, weekly, & monthly operations, including processing & recording vendor invoices & cash disbursements. Youll also perform A/P-related reconciliations, analyze vendor statements, & work on special projects.
As a successful candidate, you:
- Have strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal communication, & great problem-solving skills
- Work well both independently & on a team to meet tight deadlines
- Are comfortable in a dynamic work environment where policies & procedures are still taking shape
- Pitch in & help when necessary, even if it means shuffling your priorities
[5-6 outputs or impact areas]
- Perform A/P functions, such as processing invoices & disbursements, accurately & efficiently
- Maintain A/P systems, procedures, & policies in adherence with corporate & departmental guidelines
- Help perform monthly A/P reconciliation & closing
- Review invoice codes to make sure expenditures are processed in the correct G/L accounts
- Assist with the American Express corporate card program, including applying payments & reconciling related balance sheet accounts
- Help Accounting team with accruals for month-end close
- Work with property teams & vendors to keep information flowing smoothly & make sure were recording the right data for historical purposes
- Monitor the A/P email address & address inquiries quickly
- Participate in ad-hoc analyses & projects
- Work with the Finance team on special projects
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent combination of education & experience) required
- 2-3 years A/P experience
- Strong accounting foundation; solid knowledge of A/P principles, practices, & procedures
- Solid computer skills, including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Experience working in general ledger systems preferred
- Demonstrated success in a dynamic, high-growth environment
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.