BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is seeking a Project Manager with a curiosity for e-comm to join our growing commerce team. An ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment & is familiar with streamlining processes across a variety of cross-functional stakeholders. This role requires an operational mind with a knack for creative problem solving.
As a Project Manager, you will support the Project Manager & team leads in the documentation, execution & optimization of large-scale innovative projects. In this role, you will act as the gatekeeper across all deliverables, deadlines & efficiencies.
This position will be based in our New York office.
- Collaborate with the Senior Project Manager to develop & maintain cross-team roadmaps & priorities
- Manage calendar & deadlines for deliverables across many internal & external stakeholders
- Consolidate communication efforts, feedback, & KPIs as projects conclude to share with stakeholders
- Work alongside the Affiliate Management, Strategy & Distro business team leads to help identify areas for operational improvements & workflow optimization
- Prepare presentation materials & assets to clearly communicate goals & project scope with stakeholders
- Ownership of the commerce legal pipeline for all new vendors, platforms & SOWs
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced, operational or executional role
- Experience within a cross-functional organization that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management, consumer acquisition, merchandising or editorial strategies
- Have a baseline knowledge of media, publishing or e-commerce industries with application to publisher e-commerce business objectives
- A track record of managing processes between internal & external teams, with the purpose of achieving either client or internal business goals
- An ability to multitask when working across complex, production extensive programs
- A history of detailed, concise & pointed communications; with an ability to anticipate the needs/expectations of the addressed audience (internal vs. external stakeholders)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Keynote, & Adobe tools; with knowledge of internal CSM systems (Google Analytics, Trackonomics) a plus
- A passion for shopping & identifying unique trends in e-commerce
- A creative & innovative approach to all projects
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.