Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is scaling our product offerings & looking for product innovators to define & operationalize the next wave of topics & courses we teach. This role exists at the intersection of market research, product management, & service design. Success in the role requires working closely with operational & instructional design teams at GA & powerfully describing & defining our products.
You will be the principal architect on a portfolio of popular instructor-led courses as well as a suite of self-paced & assessment products within our verticals spanning Technology, Data Science, Digital Marketing, Design or Product Management. As a product manager, you will create & manage project plans, & validate that our learning experiences meet the needs of our learners & the demands of the employment market, & move the needle for our business at large.
- Serve as a thought leader, keeping pace with developments in the vertical youre in charge of, writing blog posts, attending industry conferences, & building/leveraging a network of subject matter experts
- Combine user research with B2B & B2C business needs to inform how you scope the requirements for improving & building products
- Lead & project manage the creation & improvement of several of GAs products, spanning assessments to online to instructor-led courses
- Test, iterate, & scale learning products globally
- Lead cross-functional teams comprised of staff, instructors, contractors & external 3rd party teams (both onsite & remote) to successfully build & operationalize learning products
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to receive feedback & set expectations
- 2-5 years experience as a Product or Project Manager
- Subject matter expertise in one of the verticals we teach
- Alignment with & passion for GAs mission to transform lives through learning
- Excellent communication & partner relationship skills that inspire cross-functional team members (Product, Instructional Design, & Operations, teams) to work in a cohesive & integrated fashion
- Credible with senior executives & comfortable in sales conversations
- Strong understanding of the needs of our B2C & B2B customers
- Competency in requisite product/project management tools (including Jira & Confluence) & common communications tools (including Google Apps & Slack)
- Its an added bonus if you have experience in creating engaging learning experiences for adults, online or in-person
- Communicates effectively
- Functional technical skills
- Strategic mindset
- Plans & aligns
- Directs work