Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity & delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, & always-on collaboration. Fuze allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
We are looking for a Software Engineer C++ to join our team & build the software stacks that power the media communications across our Collaboration, UC & Contact Center products. In this fast-moving & dynamic industry you will get exposure to a broad range of technologies & challenges & you will make part of a culture that rewards innovation & teamwork!
As much as possible, we develop cross platform code -- sharing code across backend services & various software clients. We believe modularity & code reuse make for a simpler & more efficient development process. As we are developing cross platform code that is often times CPU intensive & performance critical we tend to use C++ as our language of choice for code that requires portability between the clients & servers.
Be a part of something big. Join our vision to transform workplace communication as we know it!
What You Will Do:
- Own, develop & maintain key components & software stacks of our media backend services
- Build linux-based microservices that provide audio, video, content & interoperability gateway functions
- Design & implement testing frameworks for automatic verification
- Achieve required performance, scalability & reliability of the media services that run globally in the cloud environment
- Interact with Quality Assurance & DevOps teams for validation & deployment of new media components to the customers
What You Will Need:
- Expert C++ coding skills with minimum of 5 years experience
- Experience developing networking software including working with socket level programming & UDP/TCP
- Experience building enterprise-grade Linux-based services
- Profiling background to diagnose hotspots in the code is a plus
- Experience developing real-time audio/video communication systems is a huge plus
- Experience with the following is an asset: VoIP & related protocols (SIP, SDP, RTP, RTCP), audio/video conferencing, audio/video codecs, WebRTC, FreeSWITCH
- Drive, passion, dedication & a good attitude
Why You Will Like Working Here:
- Were disrupting an industry
- Nothings more exciting than working at a dynamic, high potential startup
- Super collaborative environment where every opinion matters
- Our drive to constantly innovate attracts the best & brightest
- Flexible Working Schedule