BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Post Production Fellow to join our Los Angeles & New York Post-Production Fellowship Program. This is a 6 month program where Trainees will learn how to prep videos for edit in the BuzzFeed style & voice, coordinate & manage projects from the post perspective, & properly troubleshoot common Post related issues. This is a paid cohort experience. Graduates from the program will be among the first to be considered for freelance projects at BuzzFeed.
- Attend training sessions
- Adhere to the planned curriculum assigned by mentor/manager
- Accomplish various Post Production tasks assigned by Post Management
- Assist with Video Producers & Post Production team assistant editing a variety of BuzzFeed video content
- End-to-end coordination on multiple videos & formats both unscripted & scripted
- Ingest, transcode, & prep media for multiple projects
- Learn process of assembling edits & implementing notes from creatives & clients
- Stay super organized in & adhere to internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- Learn & assist in Archiving Process
- Help troubleshoot Post related issues
- Assist Post Production Coordinators in the management, QC & delivery of assets & production materials
- Successfully complete daily tasks, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Experience preferred with Mac OS, Google Suite, & Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro (preferred NLE), Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder & After Effects
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Comfortable sharing feedback within a small team environment
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines & deliverables
- Understanding of of Post-Production & Production process & equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media & digital video platforms
- Inspired to learn more about the technical side of Post Production
- Emphasis on organization & attention to detail
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Remote work will require internet access & recommended capabilities of at least 20 Mbps of download speed & 10 Mbps of upload speed of dedicated internet bandwidth for each person working from home. For reference, try a speed test. (We can accommodate on campus access to anyone who does not have adequate internet bandwidth from home.)
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.