Technical Program Manager - Presence (New York, NY)
At Squarespace, we empower people with creative ideas to succeed. That means delivering beautiful software products to our customers. Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping software easier & more predictable.
We are looking for experienced TPMs to grow & drive a variety of programs within the Presence organization of our Product Engineering group.
Presence teams build products that help Squarespace customers bring their brands to lifefrom registering domains to creating & publishing websites using our desktop & mobile CMS platform. As a member of our growing Presence TPM team, you will work with product managers, engineers, & designers to deliver software products to our customers.
This role is for an individual contributor & reports to the Product Engineering TPM Team Lead. TPM is part of the Engineering department.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
In this role you will
- Partner with engineers, team leads, managers, & other stakeholders across the company to scope, plan, track, & deliver high-priority Presence projects
- Lead delivery of cross-functional projects
- Track & mitigate impediments to teams delivery success (e.g. risks, blockers, dependencies) through relentless follow-through & skilled stakeholder communication
- Be the point of contact for project communication regarding status, schedule, scope updates, & progress towards target outcomes (i.e. key results)
- Get to know our product organization & technologies so you can speak fluently to project stakeholders & effectively identify & mitigate risks, dependencies, & blockers
- Help teams continually optimize planning & delivery processes of technical projects
What were looking for
- Experience delivering cross-functional projects of increasing complexity & scale
- Audience-centric, clear, & effective communication
- Experience working on products for consumer & business SaaS companies
- Experience working with a variety of delivery methodologies, & adapting these approaches as needed to deliver on your program
- Firm understanding of technical architecture at previous companies & ability to pick up technical concepts quickly
- Ability to efficiently & effectively troubleshoot ambiguous challenges
- Independent thinking combined with the ability to react quickly, challenge ideas, & work autonomously
- Expertise in project management tools, such as Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence), & G Suite
- Strong commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion, collaboration, & trust
In your first three months, you will
- Get to know the Presence teams & products/technologies through 1:1s, attending meetings, reviewing documentation, & shadowing your stakeholders
- Begin managing one to two cross-org Presence projects, proactively escalating issues & risks to project delivery
- Establish a cadence for project updates & communication with your project team(s) & stakeholders
- Understand interaction points between Presence teams & other teams in the Squarespace Product & Engineering organizations
- Build a confident & comfortable relationship with leadership members of your teams
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
- Begin contributing to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to you, e.g. Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, joining Game Night, etc.
Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace make shipping software easier & more predictable by driving for transparency & clear communication, working collaboratively, being radically candid, & leaving our ego at the door. We treat process & tools not as an end, but as the means to reach business goals & empower our customers. We lift each other up & provide equal opportunities for growth.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
*Thank you to our friends at Awaken for inspiring the structure of this job description.