BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is searching for an experienced project-based Producer to create unique & engaging social videos for the gaming channel, BuzzFeed Multiplayer. You will report to the Executive Producer for the channel & work with a team of other producers to brainstorm ideas, & work with the production team to take the idea from development to final cut. There are BuzzFeed studios in LA that may be utilized if the production size meets the COVID safety requirements. A successful candidate will have experience & a passion for narrative content, digital formats & loves thinking outside the box.
This will start as a project based role with the possibility of becoming a longer term engagement. We offer a $1500 flat rate per video, for roughly 40 hours of work. Ideally, you will be based in New York or LA; however, we are open to considering producers who are based in other locations.
- Ideate & pitch ideas to a group of peers & stakeholders
- Take a video through development / pre-production
- Work with various teams for booking casting / equipment / research / etc
- Direct talent & run point during production with lightweight crew or solo
- Ensure that video/image/sound quality meet requirements
- Responsible for organizing footage & other various tasks related to production
- Maintain several ongoing projects at once
- Maintain regular communication with producers & the team to coordinate timely delivery of videos, project files, etc
- Use various stock image & music databases to find additional assets
- Create simple GFX/Titles or work with internal art team to create assets
- Edit video using BuzzFeed Multiplayers style guide & take rounds of notes from peers & Executive Producer for final sign off
- Applicants should only apply if they have 2+ yrs. experience with editing web/digital content.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder & After Effects
- Looking for Producers with a thorough knowledge producing content end-to-end including:
- Familiarity with what goes viral on YouTube
- Pre-production / Development
- Vetting Cast & giving Direction
- Technical understanding of filmmaking mise en scne / lighting / focal lengths / exposure / shutter speed / setting audio levels / etc
- Technical understanding of editing techniques pacing / JL cuts / beats / etc
- Premiere Multicam workflows
- Organizing footage & Assembly
- Motion graphics
- Audio mixing
- Color correcting
- Making final HD deliverables
- Converting, transcoding & compressing files
- Knowledge of tapeless workflows
- Excellent organizational & communication skills
- Candidates must provide sample work via web viewing links
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
About BuzzFeed Multiplayer
BuzzFeed Multiplayer is the gaming vertical that has over 10M subscribers across YouTube, Facebook, & Twitch. MP tackles video game content from an inclusive & authentic space, working to entice the endemic video game crowd while still being approachable to those new to the space.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.