We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Software Engineering at Vacasa
Vacasa is looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer with strong interpersonal skills who places high value on software craftsmanship & mentorship to join our payments team. At Vacasa, we value team independence & ownership, rapid delivery of software, & continuous improvement.
In this role, you would be part of a cross-functional team building & operating scalable, cloud-native solutions to high-impact business problems, primarily focused on processing of payments as guest book reservations. Our teams live in the cloud (AWS) working primarily with Python & PHP for serverless & containerized back-end services.
What you'll do
As a Senior Software Engineer, youll be a key influencer on your team, solving mission-critical problems & being a hands-on contributor to our ever-evolving systems. We believe to shine in this role, youre good at:
- Designing, architecting, & building software; applying current technology thinking & patterns to our business problems
- Guiding peer developers via code reviews, providing support & guidance to your colleagues & new developers.
- Continuously learning new technologies & validating concepts in order to pick the right tool for the job
- Utilizing DevOps tools & practices for building, deploying, & maintaining software in production environments
- Participating & building a collaborative, productive culture around product-focused goals
- Building towards higher quality standards & working with your team to create robust testing approaches
Skills you'll need
- Minimum five years of professional experience, using two or more development languages & working with multiple back-end data storage technologies
- Adept at guiding technical direction within a cross-functional engineering team
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code that places maintainability over cleverness
- Experience building applications & services in a service-oriented architecture
- Experience with SQL & relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience writing automated test suites (unit, functional, & integration)
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code & cloud computing platforms such as AWS
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) software development processes
- Experience & enthusiasm to mentor junior & mid-level engineers
Nice to have
- Completed a B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms, specifically AWS
- Experience using Docker for both local development & production runtimes
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work from home & resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insuranceemployee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days & holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse & inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe & productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.