Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
We are now looking for an experienced System Programmer to design, implement & refine the game experience we provide our users. In this role, you will be an integral part of the development team & will be responsible for the implementation & maintenance of the different basic functionalitiesin craft, optimization & adaptation from a platform to otherones.
What will you do ?
- Codein C++ engine-related items ;
- Optimize both memory & performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems ;
- Diagnose & solve common problems - such as load times, memory usage & performance problems - to improve the robustness of the engine ;
- Work closely with cross-displine teams including programmers, designers, animatorsand artists ;
- Optimize the game code taking into account that some of our games will be live & online ones;
- Be an active participant to our code review's process.
- 5+ years of experience as a Programmer in the game industry
- Strong skills in C++ programming & multithreading
- Experience in many different engineering areas with a special attention given to low-level code & deep optimization
- Well versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Strong understanding of how a game engine work & of editor concepts
- Familiarity with development tools & profiling on modern systems, inclusing PC, console & mobile
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, keeping the right balance between usability, performance, reliability & power
Would be considered as assets :
- Development experience with Unreal
- Development experience with Windows
- Experience in physical effect programming of games
- Experience in streaming & downloading dynamic assets & levels
- Experience in creation of automated video game test systems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity & diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualificationsand competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of race, national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressionor disability.