Were building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, were cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, & growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can & asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation & iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, & transparency in the workplace. We arent afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, & even ourselves.
We dont just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
About the Role:
We are hiring an Executive Assistant to support the office of the Chief Product Officer (CPO), who oversees product development, design & marketing.
What you'll do
- Provide deep executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the CPO for a fast paced music & technology company.
- Provide occasional personal support to the CPO as necessary. (This is an EA role but some personal scheduling & research may be requested.)
- Provide support during normal business hours with flexibility as necessary to complete off-hours scheduling & special requests. (Our intention is to support a great work/life balance while still being flexible to support very active employees.)
- Provide support to the CPO in the execution of Product Development, Design & Marketing processes.
- Additionally provide administrative support to the two VP's of product: the VP of product & the VP of product design - this consists of gathering data for meetings & assisting them with all off-sites.
- Complete a broad variety of executive support tasks for the office of the CPO including:
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments;
- Leading & managing special projects to support the product, design, & marketing functions of the company;
- Complete expense reports;
- Compose & prepare correspondence that is often confidential;
- Arrange complex & detailed travel plans, itineraries, & agendas;
- Compile documents for travel-related meetings;
- Email inbox management;
- Plan, coordinate & ensure the CPO's schedule is followed & respected.
- Provide "gatekeeper" & "gateway" role for direct access to the CPO's time & office.
- Work closely & effectively with the CPO to anticipate & communicate upcoming commitments & responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment & keeping the CPO updated.
- Collaborate with other assistants on the team (there are 5 additional support staff with more on the way)
- Communicate directly, & on behalf of the CPO, with board members, staff, & others.
- Research, prioritize, & follow up on incoming issues & concerns addressed to the CPO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provide smooth communication between the CPOs office & internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust & support with senior management staff.
- Prioritize conflicting needs expeditiously, proactively, & with follow-through, often with deadline pressures
What We're Looking for:
- You share our vision, specifically you care about music & culture.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You take an active role in getting things done.
- You understand, or desire to understand, the process of building & marketing creative products.
- You are an expert at anticipating future needs.
- You actively shape, not just respond to, the way information & organizations flow.
- Your listening & inquiry skills are sharp & exacting.
- Your communication is clear, direct, & kind.
- Youre self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You can demonstrate a strong history of professional work, with 5+ years of relevant work experience supporting C-level executives.
- You have experience working with a late-stage technology startup or public technology company.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with a bias towards action.
- It would be helpful to have a background in Product & technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity & inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities & veterans to apply.