Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies & APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing & other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers shopping journey. Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, & has experienced explosive growth to date.
This individual will join Breads Core Engineering group. We are a relatively new group, & our main goal is to service all the verticals in our product engineering organization by providing a cross-platform, easy-to-use, abstract software solution(s) that emphasize on scalability & extensibility. Core Engineering is uniquely set up to work with all teams within Bread, & our end-clients are essentially our colleagues & peer engineers. Our group will work primarily on the backend using Go. Some product examples that we are developing include Workflows, Authentication, & BRE (Business Rules Engine). We are an easy going & dedicated group & our responsibilities are evolving. We are looking for talented & excited engineers to join us!
Your Role at Bread
- You will manage a product suite of apps, plugins & extensions for the Core platform to ensure that solutions are robustly tested & deployed.
- Keep up to date on the evolution of the Core platform & inform the squads on relevant functionality updates & feature developments.
- Establish platform-specific release cycles & communication to stakeholders
- Own relationships with our external development teams
- Spearhead cross functional projects focused on improving operational efficiency, managing risk, & driving continuous improvement of Breads products & services
- Triage bugfix requests for modifications from the support or other squads.
- Collaborate with Merchant Success, Support, Shop, Member & Partnerships to gather feature requests for future releases
- Partner with Solutions Engineers to gather requirements & scope technical integration project plans
What we are looking for:
- Efficient project management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, track, & communicate results.
- Being able to foresee/predict potential challenges & obstacles & being able to handle them effectively.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools & experience creating dashboards to improve team productivity
- A passion for implementation at B2B SaaS companies, or a deep understanding of e-commerce technologies, platforms, & marketing KPIs
- Sharp technical & communication skills, & enthusiasm for working with APIs -- you like the challenge of solving technical problems, designing solutions, & can communicate ideas clearly & effectively
- Strong understanding of & experience with the SDLC process
- You enjoy & excel at working on both program & relationship management
- You thrive in environments that demand adaptability & thinking fast on your feet
- You are an empathetic & inclusive listener
- A passion for engineering & technology.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Prior experience delivering technical projects & solutions for Enterprise clients on time & within budget
- An eye for detail & are comfortable diving into large data sets to uncover insights
Engineers at Bread also get the opportunity to participate in Working Groups! Working Groups are quarterly teams of 4 to 6 engineers that set out to tackle a specific engineering initiative outside of their core engineering team. Working Groups have included projects like Logging Architecture, Internal Authentication, Community & Blogs, Testing Infrastructure, & Monitoring. Groups meet throughout each quarter to plan & then dedicate a full week to implement features requested by engineers. All engineers get a chance to be in one of these groups and, over time, potentially lead a group for that quarter. It's another opportunity as an engineer at Bread to have impact across the entire organization!
If this is you, submit a cover letter & resume to apply!