At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Data Science is at the heart of Lyfts products & decision-making. As a member of the Science team, you will work in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the worlds best transportation. Data Scientists take on a variety of problems ranging from shaping critical business decisions to building algorithms that power our internal & external products. Were looking for passionate, driven Data Scientists to take on some of the most interesting & impactful problems in ridesharing.
You will report to a Data Science Manager.
- Leverage data to build analytic frameworks to identify opportunities for growth & efficiency
- Partner with product managers, engineers, & operators to translate analytical insights into decisions & action
- Design & analyze experiments; communicate results & act on launch decisions
- Develop analytical frameworks to monitor business & product performance
- Establish metrics that measure the health of our products, as well as rider & driver experience
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering (advanced degrees preferred), or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured & efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science & visualization libraries in Python or R
- Strong oral & written communication skills, & ability to collaborate with & influence cross-functional partners
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.