Asana is building a world-class Accounting & Finance team to help achieve our operational & financial goals while embodying our company values. You will be involved in all aspects of payroll (US & International) & assisting in month-end close & audit, ensuring accuracy with the payroll & benefits systems.
The ideal candidate is super detail-oriented, curious, & analytical. You should have exceptional communication skills & the ability to think outside the box for problem solving & solutions . Were looking for process improvers that can easily pick up & own the payroll operations function with minimal supervision & take pride in providing world class customer experience to the employees globally. There is a wealth of knowledge to be learned & were looking for a team player that is excited to jump right in!
You will be joining a world class finance team that tracks & seeks to understand the factors driving our growth & success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational & financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible & that work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What youll achieve
- Responsible for preparation & processing of US & International payrolls for 600+ employees using ADP WorkforceNow & partnering with external third party including validation of all inputs to employee payroll files
- Data entry including new hires, terms, bonuses, commissions, LOAs, payroll calculations, deductions & garnishments
- Maintain payroll master file to ensure accurate payroll reconciliation for each pay period
- Assist with the registration for new State/SUI/Local payroll tax as needed & add the new State/SUI/Local tax jurisdictions into ADP
- Responsible for calculating manual checks & NSO transactions
- Preparation of 401k & HSA submissions & funding requests to third party administrators
- Maintenance & training of employees/managers in ADP Time & Attendance
- Partner with HR & external vendors on employee benefits such as LOAs, Flexible Spending & Health Saving accounts & upload changes into ADP
- Respond to employee inquiries & requests regarding payroll related matters in a timely manner
- Assist with payroll journal entries, account accruals & reconciliations, & provide general ledger support
- Assist with quarterly benefits reconciliation from third party to payroll
- Assist with external audits by providing supporting records & documentations
- 3+ years of relevant payroll experience required
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow required
- Familiarity with Netsuite, Fidelity, HSA Bank or Payroll & HR equivalent systems preferred
- Experience with stock-payroll transactions (ISOs, NQs, & RSUs) & reconciliations preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel including advanced formula functions (VLookups, Pivot tables)
- Extremely organized & detail oriented
- Strong communication, analytical, & problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to work in a team environment
- Basic understanding of accounting, taxation, & finance concepts as it relates to payroll
- Adaptable to a fast changing work environment while able to work well under stress & tight deadlines.
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations & millions of users across 195 countries organize & manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohls, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group & Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, & Reykjavk, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture & help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities & expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, & veteran statuses, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.