At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for a focused, effective, & agile Facilities Specialist for our NYC office. From office supplies to desk moves to entire floor renovations, the facilities team is the oil that keeps TpTs wheels spinning, & this is the perfect opportunity to join a fast moving, high impact company.
- Lead day to day facilities operations including food service, mail & packages, security & general maintenance
- Successfully handle facilities operations budgets, manage moves, adds, & changes, as well as provide strategic & day to day vendor management for operations, supplies, & services
- Establish, implement, & monitor team & office policies & procedures, including security, emergency response & safety programs
- Liaison with property management for operations & maintenance issues
- Assist with and/or leads special projects, including new construction, office refurbishments, & major maintenance initiatives
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Strong customer service skills & the ability to deal with the public, staff, & executives in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to both give & follow directions & set priorities
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- 3-5 years of Facilities or operations management
- Fluent in Google Drive, Microsoft Office, & ticketing systems (ZenDesk)
- Parental leave for both mothers & fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mothers Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.