Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking an employment attorney to join the Mailchimp legal team. As a member of the team, you will provide advice to senior management at Mailchimp, manage important internal & external relationships, & have an opportunity to influence legal & business strategies.
This position will be a key legal advisor to the company in the area of employment law & will provide subject matter expertise on a broad range of matters that affect the complex working environment of a growing technology company.
Our ideal candidate began their career as an associate focused on employment law at a law firm & is looking for their first or second in-house counsel position. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a combination of business IQ, technical knowledge, legal skills, & an aptitude for business. Overall business acumen will be further developed on the job.
What you'll do here:
- Provide day to day legal counsel & advice across a variety of areas including employee relations, performance management, compliance, dispute resolution, leaves of absence & accommodations, wage & hour, internal investigations, compensation & benefits, & contingent workforce issues.
- Draft & review employment policies to ensure best practices & compliance with applicable laws & regulations.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including the Executive, Legal, & People teams, to provide strategic, business-oriented employment law guidance for successful execution of Company initiatives.
- Investigate & respond to federal & state administrative complaints, including EEOC & local agency charges.
- Lead or assist in management of litigation related to employment matters & oversee & manage outside counsel with regard to disputes & litigation.
- Provide communications & training relating to new federal, state, & local legislation & regulations; work with business stakeholders to integrate new procedures & revised policies.
- Partner with the People team to generate & conduct training relating to employee relations best practices, investigation techniques, & other employment law topics.
- Oversee internal audits of the Companys employment policies & practices & HR compliance.
- Provide counsel & guidance on immigration matters.
- Support merger & acquisition transactions & related integration of employees.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school
- You are an active member in good standing of at least one state bar
- You have 4-6 years of legal experience at a law firm handling employment matters.
- You are able to demonstrate a strong technical aptitude & business acumen
- You have very strong interpersonal & communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, collaborate with diverse business groups, & build interdepartmental relationships at all levels
- You have excellent writing & document drafting skills
- You are a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills & judgment
- You have a team-oriented attitude & ability to balance multiple tasks & priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Relevant legal knowledge & experience with employment law is required
- You have demonstrated capacity to keep current on emerging business & legal trends in the technology industry
- Technological experience with software, cloud computing, SaaS, or digital technologies (e.g., digital advertising, social media, mobile apps) is preferred
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.