About the Company
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that businesses can use to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers & businesses of any size or budget. Thats why we build products to make it easy, quick, & inexpensive for developers & businesses to innovate with AI, go to market faster, & build better customer experiences.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding & are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, & Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing & hiring a diverse workforce.
Youll join our Applied Machine Learning Team & help our team drive customer acquisition & revenue growth in 2019. You value collaboration & want to work closely with others in the company, including research, backend, infrastructure, product, frontend, & design. Youll help build & maintain our customer models & visual search technology. You have the ability to make a significant impact on the company & the AI space as a whole.
- Train public & private custom models with curated data & evaluate model performance. We are always looking to increase our accuracy & refine our current models.
- Work with our senior engineers to improve our visual search product & develop new products.
- Help the team deploy production ready models to customers. We anticipate that customers will have steady feedback for us on the models, so we should be focusing on using that feedback to make frequent model improvements.
- Help maintain our research ML infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the research team, & make sure solutions worked out by our research team are production ready. We value alignment between the Applied Machine Learning & research teams, & this is key to our continued success.
- Either B.S. plus minimum 3 years of industry experience, or M.S.
- Demonstrated projects in either CV or NLP
- Experience with machine learning or data science experiments
- Experience calling web service APIs
- Intermediate-level SQL
At least one of:
- Proficiency in Go or C++
- Experience fielding/debugging complex systems
- Kubernetes, Docker, or other containerizers
- Intermediate-level SQL
Youll thrive in this role if love to learn fast & move fast.
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Get up to speed on either a customer-facing ML project or a component of our ML infrastructure for training our models
- Learn how we work with both the Research team & the Backend team
- Have created your own branch & begun coding
60 days in, you will:
- Be adding either functionality or scalability to key software components, under the guidance of a Senior AML Engineer
- Have contributed to at least one biweekly sprint
- Have actively participated in a delivery to a public sector customer"
180 days in, you will:
- Be contributing to multiple projects
- Have contributed to our AML instrumentation for gathering analytics about model performance & hardware utilization, & are ready to offer conclusions based on those measurements.