Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
About the Chorus team
Chorus is a platform for digital publishers. Informed by the success of Vox Medias eight networks & internal branded content agency, Chorus is a complete media stack for brand & community building, content creation, audience engagement, distribution, measurement, & monetization. Within the Vox Product team, the Chorus team builds innovative tools that enable our editorial teams to tell compelling stories; designs dynamic, engaging audience experiences that can travel across myriad platforms & devices; & ensures our editorial teams can learn from & continuously adapt within an ever-changing industry. Chorus is also now powering two partner networksThe Ringer and Funny Or Diewith more to come.
We are dedicated to cross-disciplinary product thinking & vision, prize thoughtful & collaborative work, & are a remote-first organization.
As part of the Chorus team, you will:
- Collaborate with teammates across design, user research, community, & product & project management to create & improve the products & features that make up Vox Medias digital publishing platform
- Build publishing tools for writers, editors, art directors, videographers, & their peers to tell compelling stories; & create audience experiences that travel across myriad platforms & devices
As an engineer, you:
- Are proficient in at least one major language & framework (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Vue.js)
- Estimate & prioritize your work well & meet your project commitments
- Provide constructive feedback in code & design reviews
- Are committed to user-centered design, web standards, performance, usability, & accessibility
- Communicate & collaborate well within a highly distributed team
- Take a pragmatic & thoughtful approach to solving problems
- Are a self-starter who can take a challenging task & run with it
- Care deeply about the quality of your work
- Have empathy for your users & teammates
For more on the things we're building & problems we're solving, & what it's like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to provide an inclusive & respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.