We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Assistant Store Manager to join our Retail team.
Our Retail team creates a transformative experience that inspires a global community. We build connections with our community through product expertise & merchandising, world-class-service standards, & operational excellence. We pride ourselves in owning the offline touch point for our community, & use it as an opportunity to create more Away fans.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the stores operations & importantly, of the stores success. A strong foundation of store management & people management experience is essential! Youll focus primarily on building & growing a team of exceptional retail associates, on ensuring the store hits performance goals, & on delivering the highest level of customer experience. You will report into the Store Manager & be based in our Williamsburg, NY location.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What Youll Do:
- Ensure your team is providing top-notch customer service to every person, every time
- Communicate Aways values & brand philosophy to customers & team members alike
- Develop, execute, & continuously improve all operational activities to make sure the store hits financial expectations and exceeds customer expectations
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the store is a hit! Work across the aisle with marketing, CX, creative, & HQ partners to make sure we create exemplary retail experiences
- Hire, retain & develop your team of retail associates, growing them into our next generation of retail leaders
- Oversee daily staffing, inventory management, & visual standards. Oversee all front of house & back of house procedures to keep the stores engine efficiently running
- Help execute any in-store marketing or programming events by liaising with HQ team members
Who You Are:
- Deep understanding of elevated customer experience
- 2-3 years of managerial experience; preferably at a customer-centric retailer or company
- Fastidious attention to detail; strong business acumen & an entrepreneurial disposition
- Has a passion for people development & a knack for motivation
- A team player that is comfortable providing feedback, innovating, & getting their hands dirty
- Experience working at a start-up or fast-growing company or retailer
- Experience building a team from the ground up
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!