Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate has an understanding of technical accounting topics such as ASC 718 & 842, has experience reconciling balance sheet accounts & performing roll forwards, & is comfortable analyzing Excel files with a large volume of data & transactions. You will report to our Senior Accounting Manager & be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting package, & prepare workpapers for the monthly/quarterly/annual close cycles
- Support period-end closings by ensuring the accurate & timely completion of closing-related responsibilities, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations & variance analyses for owned accounts
- Assist in improving, developing & documenting accounting policies, procedures & internal controls
- Support information flow between the accounting team, external auditors & other internal & external partners.
- Work cross functionally with Finance, Legal, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax & various business owners on policies, processes, & help drive key initiatives & improvements
- Provide support for audit request, system enhancements, & ad-hoc reporting requests
Who you are:
- 3 years of relevant accounting experience; experience with revenue accounting & related balance sheet reconciliations preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to perform functions like V-lookup & Pivot Table, as well as write more complex formulas
- Analytical thinker, who understands the order-to-cash cycle & is able to question & improve the existing processes & workpapers
- Understands US GAAP & SOX 404
- Takes initiative to identify problems & propose solutions
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire