We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of lifes most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm & marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us & build the nation's largest & most trusted platform for selling real estate!
Who You Are:
You are a high-performing Business Analyst with a passion for data, growth & strategy & you have an eagerness to join a fast-paced tech startup.
What Youll do:
You will partner with & be exposed to a variety of teams at HomeLight as you navigate cross-functional conversations with various stakeholders & attend to ad hoc projects. Your knowledge around user behaviors, analytical techniques, & business operations will allow you to solve challenging problems in order to boost business & revenue growth. You will be responsible for driving & delivering key business initiatives & you will develop a deep understanding of all HomeLight business processes & act as a data & analytics expert for one or more business function.
- Work directly with HomeLight stakeholders to optimize processes & improve the organization's core profitability
- Execute a wide variety of projects to improve lead conversion & customer experience
- Use statistical analysis or data mining tools to analyze data, identify insightful trends, & interpret the technical data into meaningful recommendations for other executives
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in helping driving the data strategy across multiple channels
- You will create new quantitative statistical models to reduce the overall operation cost of the business
- Support the business ad hoc data requests through either SQL query or quick report or dashboard & analyze large quantities of data using Python, VBA or R to drive growth strategies
- High proficiency in Excel & SQL
- 2+ years experience using analytics to drive key business decisions
- 2-4 years experience writing & tuning SQL queries & building reports/dashboards
- Great verbal & written communication skills & the ability to interact with diverse groups including senior management
- Outstanding intellectual horsepower & the ability to think through a broad range of business issues
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, & confidently offer recommendations based on your findings
- Desire to take a initiative in your role & a eagerness to bend with changes & ambiguity when needed
- A team player mentality- as an operator in a growing start-up your responsibilities will constantly be growing & evolving
- Ability to manage, track & prioritize a large number of tasks
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field
- Medical, vision, dental, & paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches & snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, & a reference check. Were excited to get to know you & hope youre ready to give this opportunity everything youve got!