Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About The Role:
Our Sales Executive will field, qualify, & transact on a diverse set of pre-existing & incoming leads for our APAC region. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, & can think laterally to bring our data into new market segments. You will target the following sectors: government accounts, defense & intelligence & partners. You will identify, qualify, negotiate & close large-scale complex deals & drive sales revenue targets. Most likely, you have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition by simplifying complex commercial challenges & explaining why & how our geospatial data can address them.
You will develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product & sales demonstrations to prospective customers & formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts.
Impact You'll Own:
- Prospect & develop business relationships, close sales & manage customer expectations as the company grows
- Identify channel & reseller relationships to expand market presence, seek out new partnerships as needed
- Manage proposal generation & pricing work as needed
- Sales operations duties as required
What You Bring:
- Several years of related experience in international sales in the APAC region
- Sales experience in the governmental sector along with a demonstrated track record of success
- GIS / remote sensing experience or related field
- Understanding of the nuances of sales cycles & how to navigate through the channels
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell & close large deals; carrying quota & closing should be familiar concepts
- Success in acting as a bridge between the company & its current market & future markets
- Efficiency in gathering market & customer info to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery & customer specifications to their managers.
- Excellent communication skills, including multiple languages
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment & decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation & persuasion skills
- Critical thinking & creative problem-solving skills
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Vertical specific expertise a strong plus (agriculture, commodities, energy, insurance, forestry, govt sales)
- Product development & product positioning experience
- Sales Ops experience (CRM, collateral development, pipeline tracking, etc)
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED & at a recent Dreamforce Talk
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.
By clicking "Apply Now" at the top of this job posting, I acknowledge that I have read the Candidate Privacy Notice GDPR Planet Labs Europe, & hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, & storage of my personal information as described therein.