Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our Digital Product & Engineering team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience as a Technical Project Manager, Program manager, Quality Assurance Engineer, Software Developer, and/or Scrum Master. You will report to the VP of Digital Product based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Understand the desired outcomes of our work & partner with the product manager & engineering lead to align those with workable solutions & create timelines & measurable milestones.
- Manage the Agile delivery process of the product development teams, working closely with engineering managers & PMs. Performs the role of a Scrum Master as needed & assists the team in definition, writing, & estimation of user stories.
- Facilitate communication of project status & to remove impediments
- within the engineering org (e.g. between App, Data & Supply Chain)
- across that entire Away organization, including Product Management, UX, Operations, & Marketing
- between third party vendors & the Away team
- Proactively assess delivery risks & create plans to address them & work to continuously improve processes & working practices.
- Propose capacity changes & maintain the forward plan & roadmaps for your teams.
- Facilitate the prioritization of ad-hoc requests & changes in delivery scope.
- Partner with product managers to maintain the team's focus on delivering the optimal outcome for the agreed upon investment of time & other resources.
- Partner with the VP of Product to shape how longer term pieces of work are delivered & how project & program status are reported.
Who you are:
- A servant leader who works tirelessly to find success for their team.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent personal & external time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline with 2+ years of Project or Program Management experience
- 1+ year of Scrum Master experience and/or managing using an Agile Development methodology.
- Highly proficient with Airtable, Google's productivity suite, JIRA & Confluence (or equivalent tools).
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, facilitating status meetings & presenting to large groups.
- Build strong working relationships with all those around you because it's fun to know who you work with & because you're able to move work forward relying on those relationships.
Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.