Role: Director, Product Marketing, B2B
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reports To: VP, Product Marketing
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippos true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology & data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Director, B2B to help develop, grow, & engage business partners across the insurance value chain (from SMBs to multi-billion dollar corporations). Reporting to the Vice President of Product Marketing, this high-profile, hands-on leader will be responsible for the team that leads the marketing strategy, positioning, launch, & ongoing performance of channel relationships & partnerships with the goal of driving revenue, growth, & alignment.
The successful candidate will possess well-honed analytical, creative, & people skills & be able to lead a team to proactively tackle complex business & marketing challenges in a dynamic, hyperfast-paced environment. Key capabilities & responsibilities include:
- They have the ability to build & lead a high-performing marketing team. The ideal candidate will be able to hire & develop key talent to meet Hippos expanding business needs
- They are analytical & creative, highly collaborative, & have a successful track record of taking partnership-driven initiatives to market
- They are comfortable both developing strategy & getting hands-on across every facet of marketing (Brand, Paid Media, Lifecycle, Channel Sales) in order to accelerate the teams impact
- They collaborate closely with Product & Design teams to plan, develop, launch, & improve the products so crucial to our long-term success
- They must be able to tackle complex partner relationships with empathy & a beginners mind. They challenge industry norms, & create & execute thoughtful recommendations & action plans that ladder to overarching business objectives for a win-win
- They have a history of partnering with Insights & Analytics teams to generate breakthrough quantitative, qualitative, & competitive insights. Critically, they will translate these insights into distinct, actionable plans that deliver business value on multiple levels
- They possess a proven ability to develop strong product positioning & clear narratives, & use these to shape both internal & external partnerships
- They will drive go-to-market plans and work closely with cross-functional leaders to determine effective launch & communications strategies
- 10+ years of marketing experience launching & scaling B2B & B2B2C brands, products or services
- 5 or more years partnering with Product teams & guiding product roadmaps
- Demonstrated success building & leading a high-performing marketing team
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing & modeling data to drive business decisions
- MBA or similar experience
- 2-3 years Strategy Consulting experience
- A mix of B2B & B2C experience
Compensation & Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short-term disability, EAP & flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs & up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers & 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5-minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen & BBQ Fridays for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, & we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion.
Hippos applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippos People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.