Index Exchange is seeking a Communications Coordinator to support the development & execution of internal & external communications. This position is perfect for someone with 2-4 years of agency, in-house PR/Comms, & digital experience who is looking to join a dynamic, fast-paced & creative environment in the advertising & ad tech space.
Qualified candidates must have superior writing, research & organizational skills, as well as a strong passion for tech. To be considered for this role, candidates must have a professional, positive, can-do attitude with an enthusiasm for taking on new challenges. This position reports directly to the Communications Lead in NYC & will work closely with other members of the Marketing & Communications team, including the Head of Engagement. While the position will reside within the Communications team, it will also be an extension of both the Engineering team & Technical Recruiting team, working closely with Indexs Chief Technology Officer & Vice President of Engineering.
Heres What Youll be Doing:
- Serve as the liaison between technical & commercial teams, working closely with the engineering team on speaking engagements, press announcements & thought leadership pieces
- Spearhead all Canadian-focused communication initiatives, including those for Engineering & Technical Recruitment. This will include developing & drafting press releases, OpEds, pitches, bios, blogs, newsletters, prepared remarks, speaking abstracts, award submissions & other external & internal written communications
- Serve as lead for media monitoring & reporting; compile clips & track all press coverage
- Manage master editorial calendar & oversee media & speaking contact lists
- Conduct competitor research & market/media landscape overviews
- Develop & deliver internal email newsletters
- Work collaboratively with MarComm team on brainstorms, partner initiatives & internal events
- Coordinate internal & partner approval processes; timeline management
Heres What Were Looking For:
- Exceptional verbal, writing & communications skills & superior attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment & handle multiple projects simultaneously
- High energy contributor with professional & pleasant interpersonal communications skills
- Strong proofreading & editing skills
- Desire to remain informed about emerging platforms & trends, especially in the advertising & tech space
- Understanding of news cycle, social media channels & online tools including Google Docs, Salesforce, Slack & Wordpress
- Tech Industry experience required
- Experience working with engineers preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
Heres why youll love working here:
- Located in the heart of Downtown Toronto at 1 University Ave., right across from Union Station!
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate & collaborate
- We offer free snacks & drinks as well as catered lunches on Fridays
- We have flexible hours, & we don't have a dress code
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous & flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships & classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYIndex Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIESIndex Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please firstname.lastname@example.org call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).