LOCATION: New York, NY or Remote
Its an exciting time to join Conductor as we recently raised $150 million at a $525 million valuation to build out our technology & acquired ContentKing - the worlds first real-time website auditing & monitoring platform.
Conductor is headquartered in New York City. We welcome candidates across the country & the role can either be based in New York or remote.
At Conductor, were passionate about empowering leading brands to get found online & help their customers. The worlds top marketing teams use our software to drive their Organic Marketing strategies, from customer intelligence, to creating content & optimizing their digital presence, to measuring impact. Conductor has been named Crains Best Place to Work 9 years running & Forrester Wave's Leader in SEO Platforms.
We are a product-driven organization looking for a strong product leader to join us as our Director of Product Management, Data Platform. This is very much a hands on player-coach role. You will be responsible for setting overall strategy, executing on individual contributor responsibilities as well as leading & mentoring another product manager with potential for growth.
About the team
Conductors award-winning products rely heavily on a scalable & high quality data architecture. The data platform teams mission is to provide a solid foundation for all data, its associated pipelines & APIs that power Conductors core product offerings.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced, driven, senior technical product leader who is passionate about building next generation data driven products. As the product leader of the data platform team, you will be responsible for data taxonomy strategy, workflow & pipeline requirements, processes & tools that are used to create, maintain & consume data.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this leader will:
- Establish the vision for the next generation data platform that powers Conductors products
- Inspire & motivate people to think outside the box & lead by example
- Define & prioritize data platform requirements that take into consideration both shared capabilities across the product as well as specialized functionalities that enable specific product use cases
- Communicate concisely with engineering & product leadership & influence technical strategy
- Collaborate & lead cross functional groups of PMs, designers & engineers to deliver on the teams mission
- Define & track key success metrics to inform product success & health
- Lead & mentor other product team members
- 7+ years or equivalent product management experience with 5+ years of experience in the area of SaaS data platform and/or building of data products
- Passionate about building innovative data products & stays on top of industry trends around data technology innovations & best practices
- Demonstrated empathy & understanding of core data platform challenges, track record of building products which heavily rely on data & analytics
- Deep exposure to modern SaaS data architecture including data lakes, data warehouses, ETL pipelines, physical & logical data formats, data processing systems, data reliability, monitoring, security, & performance
- Understands processes, roles, policies, standards, & metrics that ensure the effective & efficient use of data/information, data privacy & confidentiality
- Experience leading & mentoring product team members
- Pragmatic leader that pairs bold product vision with solid execution
- Strong written & verbal communication skills to influence & drive strategy
- Experience working as a data engineer, data scientist, or other advanced data user is a strong plus
- Knowledge of organic marketing and/or SEO data applications & taxonomies is a plus
- Experience working with/defining/building ML & AI products is a plus
Conductor. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Bringing in diverse perspectives & challenging our assumptions is the clear key to growth; it drives innovation, creativity, faster problem-solving, & stronger decision making. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, train, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, & business needs.
Conductor does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, & related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. In addition, it is the policy of Conductor to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations & ordinances where a particular employee works.