Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
This role will be reporting to the Senior Director, Human Resources. At Foursquare, we believe that our people are at the center of everything we do. This individual is passionate about building strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization & creating processes that will help us scale for the future.
The Director of Human Resources will possess excellent communication skills, business acumen, & the ability to function in a fast-paced & constantly evolving environment. You will be able to dive deep into the trenches, while simultaneously acting as a strategic partner & coach to employees & managers across the organization. You will work in partnership with the Sr. Director, Human Resources to quickly diagnose challenges, strategize solutions & implement change. You will play a critical role in maintaining Foursquares unique & diverse culture, & will continuously assess & understand business priorities to determine how HR can approach best supporting the organization.
You will oversee Foursquare's people strategies, including: performance management, employee training, cultural initiatives, DE&I program, & major HR annual processes, such as our promotion process, year-end performance reviews & compensation cycle.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop deep relationships & build trust with key stakeholders to provide thought leadership on people-related strategies
- Promote a culture of feedback & open communication, reinforcing our mission & core values
- Guide & coach employees on how to appropriately manage & resolve complex people issues (e.g., performance management, rewards & recognition, conflict management, etc.)
- Autonomously lead the design, implementation, & iteration of new people programs, as well as assess & improve current programs
- Engage on issues of organizational design, process, & workflows in order to help teams operate more effectively & reach peak efficiency
- Utilize people metrics to drive key insights & decisions around engagement & retention
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive & memorable candidate experience
- 8+ years experience in a high-growth, fast-paced environment creating, scaling & implementing HR policies & programs
- A sense of humor & passion for Foursquare; we are really excited to work here, & you should be too
- Significant experience with performance management, employee relations, learning & development & DE&I
- Proven experience in organizational development, management training & employee coaching
- Excellent project management skills, with an ability to design & implement people strategies that align & drive business results
- Understanding of local & national employment laws & regulations
- Comfort with high-volume work & not being afraid to jump into sticky situations
- A track record of influencing & advising executive leadership on talent & employment matters
- Prior experience managing direct reports, mentoring & developing HR talent
- Deep expertise utilizing people data analytics to influence organizational decisions
- Senior level HR experience in a tech start-up or high growth company
- Prior experience or exposure to M&A due diligence & integration procedures
Perks & benefits:
- Learning & development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We deeply believe that in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.