At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Senior Director, Divisional Controller, will be a key member of the Finance Leadership Team of Lyft Bikes & Scooters (LBS). Reporting directly into the VP, Controller & Chief Accounting Officer of Lyft, this position will be responsible for leading the Accounting organization for this high-growth, high-profile division. Responsibilities include maintaining accurate multi-company, multi-national & multi-state accounting records, tracking substantial bicycle fleet assets deployed across the U.S., consolidating financial information for 10+ companies, producing comprehensive reports for internal & external corporate stakeholders, managing banking relationships & cash flows, complying with Sarbanes Oxley requirements & supporting all direct & indirect tax compliance.
This position will partner closely withFinancial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Development, Procurement, Treasury & Internal Audit.
- Lead the implementation & maintenance of thorough internal controls that enable the Company to prepare accurate quarterly financial statements
- Drive a highly efficient close process that meets corporate needs & frees staff time for value added activities
- Develop & implement sound & comprehensive accounting policies
- Oversee Accounts Payable, Fixed Asset Accounting & other transactional accounting functions
- Remain current with new accounting technical standards impacting financial reporting & research & document technical accounting conclusions, when necessary
- Provide support for tax planning & tax preparation in the United States, Canada & foreign jurisdictions
- Train & develop the accounting team for continuous improvement & career advancement
Experience & Skills:
- 15+ years in financial & financial leadership roles, which would likely include experiences with a public accounting firm & with public companies
- Leadership skills & a high degree of business & technical proficiency in a complex, global company
- Experience presenting financial results & accounting objectives & goals at the highest level of management
- A comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles pertaining to asset-intensive businesses
- CPA is strongly desired
- Strong working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley & experience with building & maintaining 404 compliance
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.