Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Security Specialist, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence & expertise is what makes us undisputed leader in electronic payments. We've made it our priority to create exemplary security operations & incident response teams, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.
We're looking for those of you who are inherently driven & fascinated by the art & science of cyber defence. We'll equip you with the very best tools & tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. If you have a burning desire for self-development, working with us will expose you to challenges & opportunities to hone your skills. We'll provide the right environment & a plethora of top notch professionals to learn with & from.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- The objective of Visa's Penetration Testing program is to pro-actively identify weaknesses & shortcomings in Visa's security posture & recommend necessary controls & procedures to protect Visa adversarial threats. With this mission in mind, our pentest experts are pro-actively involved in engagements that simulate adversarial threats & attacks in a timely manner.
- The Security Specialist will be a key contributor for performing internal & external ethical hacks of Visa applications & systems. Pentest team members also help with design, development & recommendation of security solutions to protect Visa proprietary/confidential data & systems.
- Conducting high risk & sensitive ethical hacks of internally & externally hosted applications according to scope defined by the pen test team
- Subject matter expertise in web, mobile or network penetration testing with track record of end to end testing of complex systems
- Co-ordinate & execute system/network level pen tests & ethical hacking exercises
- Pro-actively research & Identify network & system vulnerabilities & provide recommended counter measures or controls to reduce risk to acceptable & manageable level.
- Reviews results of network & application ethical hacks in order to determine severity of findings & to ensure proper remediation is applied.
- Provide accurate & timely reporting of findings & proposed remediation & mitigations.
- Technical support could include but not limited to the following: (1) Audit support & remediation, (2) Process Improvement, (3) Analysis & Reporting, (4) Cross Divisional Functional education, training & awareness, (5) function/Methodology/Strategy advancement.
- Provide technical support to senior management in identifying & streamlining new/existing protocols & tools used by the penetration testing team.
- Develop & automate scripts, tools & resources needed to advance ethical hacking capabilities around new & emerging technologies like mobile, cloud & embedded systems
What we're after
- Strong understanding of cryptographic concepts & applied cryptography (SSL, AES etc.)
- Proficiency in one or more scripting language. E.g. Perl, Python, Shell Scripting etc.
- Proficiency in one or more high level programming languages like Java, C, C++, Ruby etc.
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10 & SANS Top 25 web application & network vulnerabilities
- Expertise & experience in web/mobile application & network penetration testing
- Prior experience with Red teaming would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of exploit development, vulnerability research/reporting or writing system modules in C & C++, a major advantage & added bonus.
- Detailed understanding of OSI & TCP stack with emphasis on computer architecture & networking protocols
- Knowledge of web application technologies & layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, FTP etc.
- Good understanding of networking concepts around Ethernet, switched LAN & WAN environment
- Prior knowledge or academic familiarity with reverse engineering, malware analysis, security research & forensic tools will be an added advantage
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.