Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What We Do:
- Work in the Visa Command Center monitoring the real time production services.
- Gain a solid understanding of the role a payment solution provider holds in the on-line payment industry & leverage this knowledge to troubleshoot internal & external incidents.
- Lead technical bridges & interact with both technical staff & management during the incident & change management process.
- Provide support for mission critical applications & execute BAU procedures to resolve incidents. Ensure the incident management process is followed & all communication requirements are met.
- Support applications in a Windows & Linux environment & troubleshoot network, database & system issues that are often not well documented. Use basic scripting skills to generate reports based on support requests & incidents.
- Manipulate basic SQL queries & shell scripts to provide impact analysis. Work with the team to improve existing queries & scripts.
- Demonstrate an ability to investigate incidents & provide root because analysis based on application behavior & log data.
- Demonstrate the ability to gauge the scope & critical impacts & take the appropriate actions to handle the situation.
- Interact with second level teams & Customer Support to ensure incidents are closed out & impact is clearly communicated per the process in place.
- Monitor both systems & network performance through various industry standard & custom tools.
- Open & update trouble tickets & answer internal & external phone calls. Interact with 3rd party service providers to resolve incidents & provide root cause analysis.
- Review change activates & upcoming maintenance & coordinate with staff to cover the activities. Identify & raise concerns with upcoming changes to management.
- Identify gaps in existing processes & procedures & work with management & technical teams to propose & implement a solution. Create & update documentation as needed.
- Recycle & validate Windows & Linux services as needed.
Decision Making & Impact:
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Use sound judgment & good time management in prioritizing work to maintain all service level agreements & client perception during a crisis situation.
- Interact with the staff during a crisis to ensure that all objectives are met on time.
- Quickly & accurately assess the impact of a major system or application outage & communicate the impact to management.
- Use verbal & written communication skills to ensure that all activities & bridge calls are well coordinated & incidents are accurately documented.
- Bridge the gap between technical staff & management during an incident.
- Act with a sense of urgency to drive incidents to resolution & provide analysis. Identify follow up items & areas for improvement & propose solutions.
- Own projects within the team & drive them to resolutions
- Work with little supervision & assist junior staff in day to day activities.
- Provide guidance & training to junior staff members.
- Review & identify areas for improvement within documented procedures & work with management to implement changes.
- Use sound judgment in evaluating unusual situations & determine the appropriate course of action.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- 2 or more years of work experience
- Proven technical aptitude & a desire to learn
- At least 6 months of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic experience with Linux/Unix or SQL
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize a constantly changing workload
- Interpersonal skills & ability to excel as part of a team
- ITIL Foundation Certificate is a plus
- Six Sigma Certification is a plus
- 1 year of experience with Basic PowerShell, SQL or Linux
- Experience with ServiceNow, Netcool or other industry standard monitoring & ticketing tools
- Experience with troubleshooting with Perfmon, Riverbed, or other performance monitoring tools
- Experience maintaining & troubleshooting highly available systems
- Experience remotely managing Windows & Linux computer systems
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position does not requirethe incumbent to travel for work
- Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
- Position entails a 12-hour shift on a rotating shift basis (Week 1: two on, two off, three on; Week 2: two off, two on, three off)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.