As a part of the Jet Customer team, the Head of Product & Design is responsible for leading the design & product development of Jets core experience across customer-facing touchpoints. This candidate will drive strategy, lead product discovery, define processes & oversee implementation of best-in-class user experience & functionality, including top & bottom of funnel areas & automated help & service. The VP Product & Design will oversee planning, ideation, discovery & execution of platform features with the goal of delivering on strategic objectives.
This candidate & his or her team will work with prototyping, engineering, optimization, retail & marketing teams to build out Jets customer-facing platform. They will also work across teams company-wide to align others around a customer-facing vision & priorities. We are looking for a leader to inspire & coach a team of designers & product managers to drive high impact for the business & make Jet an essential part of our customers lives.
In order to be successful, this candidate must enjoy & have strong experience managing designers & other PMs, managing engineering & design teams, knowing when to step in with process & when to be scrappy as well as have excellent communication & collaboration skills. We are looking for a customer-centered platform leader who is able to champion the importance of customer experience while also incorporating needs across the business. We always have our user in mind & care about how whatever were building, big or small, fits into their journey.
The Head of Product & Design will report to the CCO & will work collaboratively with other customer product leaders as well as leaders in design, marketing, retail & engineering.
- Work closely with business, UX & product teams to translate the product vision into an actionable product strategy, roadmap & opportunity backlog
- Lead a team of designers & PMs working across both top & bottom of funnel product areas
- Leverage prototyping in the process of discovery
- Lead a team to develop help & service functionality across the platform
- Lead a team that develops site production tools
- Identify, analyze & prioritize major cross-team features
- Oversee & drive the process of creating intuitive, elegant interfaces that will be used by millions of Jet users
- Work with our all-star build product & engineering team to plan sprints & deliver features & enhancements
- Manage the discovery & design phases end-to-end
- Set processes & frameworks that foster both customer-centered & data-informed decisions
- Set key result metrics for the team
- Foster cooperation & collaboration with the extended Jet team
- Champion the importance of the customer experience within the business
- Find new opportunities & champion them across the company