WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE QA Manager ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is looking for a highly motivated QA manager with a passion for leading teams that create elegant & scalable software for our users. The right individual will have a proven track record delivering engaging, consumer focused products within a data driven, agile environment. In this role you will lead a talented QA team, partner with product development, & actively participate in both tactical & strategic conversations to determine the evolution of our products.
This role will focus on applications & products in the Planning & Guest Zone - iterating on features that ensure couples, wedding planners & guests have a consistently excellent experience using The Knot Worldwides digital products to drive meaningful impact planning lifes unique milestones.
- Oversee QA Automation engineers responsible for our planning & guest products.
- Ensure the team is operating effectively to reach their goals, are properly supported & deliver quality software.
- Develop, coach, & mentor multiple engineers at various stages of their career to ensure growth & cultivate emerging leaders.
- Provide leadership within the team to ensure solutions are built in alignment with company principles.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies including pre-IPM, IPM, standups, & retros.
- Actively participate in establishing the broader automation strategy that supports our company goals.
- Partner with other Senior QA Engineers to set the vision & iterate on the automation roadmap to effectively cover all business critical areas.
- Ensure that features are high-quality by building test strategies, writing & executing test plans, & communicating with the team about issues, risk, & product quality.
- Leverage skills & experience to develop automated tests to ensure product quality.
- Coordinate cross browser & manual regression testing when needed.
- Identify & execute on opportunities to improve the QA process.
- Partner with Tech Leads & Product Managers to prioritize releases & determine quality metrics to meet OKRs.
- Promote best practices surrounding TDD, continuous integration, code standards, etc.
SUCCESSFUL QA Managers must HAVE:
- 7 or more years of qa experience with 3 or more years of management experience.
- Expert knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools & processes.
- Hands on experience writing automated tests for user interfaces & backend services.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written.
- Experience with Cypress or other modern UI test frameworks.
- Experience with AWS/Kubernetes/Docker concepts & technology.
- Experience designing & developing load tests to measure application performance.
- Experience leading teams & projects in an Agile, TDD environment.
- Familiarity with React is a plus.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users & put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve & delight them every day.
- You are respectful & act with the highest integrity.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective & are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, & are accountable for your commitments.
- You arent afraid to challenge the status quo & know that theres no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback & never settle in your quest to grow & develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.