Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilios Product Security Team is responsible for partnering with Engineering teams to build & deploy secure products for our complex global network. This involves maturing the Secure Development Lifecycle, training developers in secure practices, working with our automation team to scale security, & innovating new ways to help developers secure themselves.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional security engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of maturing the SDL process. They also have:
- 4+ years of experience in Application Security.
- Experience implementing dynamic & static security tools.
- Experience performing threat models.
- Experience performing code reviews & penetration tests.
- Experience with automation
- Commitment to sharing experiences & good security practices with the community.
- Bachelors degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
Bonus Points for:
- Docker & Kubernetes knowledge.
- Presenting at conferences or working on open source projects.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or other cloud platforms.
- Experience with developing security tools.
- Telecom experience
- Experience working with Bug Bounty Programs.
As a Senior Product Security Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Working with security champions across engineering teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: Performing reviews (threat models/code reviews/pentests) against Twilios products.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Triaging submissions from our bug bounty program & ensuring they are fixed in a timely manner.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build automation for security@scale.
- BE BOLD: Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Twilios products & services.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline & technical leadership. And thats where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.