Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives & breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, & even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business & has a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As the Billing Team Lead, you will oversee our billing team in Secaucus, NJ, working with third parties, risk services, & partner cross-functionally with our operations, security, & finance teams. Your primary focus with be motivating & managing a team of highly motivated & enthusiastic Associates, providing coaching & mentorship to exceed our goals. You will also be an expert on our internal systems, processes, & technology & actively assist associates to ensure timely resolution & consistency for customers. You should be comfortable on the frontlines with customers (phone, email, live chat) as well as working with leadership to escalate & resolve issues.
What Youll Do:
- Own end-to-end customer processes for billing & inventory recovery, including monitoring potential fraud & handling all late fees, billing questions, & invoice requests
- Build a customer-centric team, focused on LTV, while balancing operational efficiency & overall performance
- Partner closely with our Finance & Security teams to build the process for recovering accounts & inventory, utilizing third party services & internal products to identify risk
- Establish customer-first culture & be a point of escalation for customer issues while ensuring all compliance & company policies are being met
- Work with CX Leadership to enhance training & customer facing language relating to billing issues & inventory recovery
- Review & process unreconciled items to ensure customer account accuracy & to support reconciliation reporting
- You have 3+ years experience in a customer-centric (B2C or B2B) claims, billing or payment recovery role
- You have 2+ years of people leadership experience
- Experience with Tableau preferred; experience with Kustomer is a plus
- Strong collaboration skills & ability to work well under ambiguous conditions
- Proven track record building & updating team processes, based on both company & industry changes
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or commensurate experience
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.